- No need to have a mobile app to get the benefit of mobile push notifications: Chrome push notifications work exactly like the native mobile push. So, you don’t have to create an app just to get the benefit of native push notifications on mobile.
- Wider reach across browsers: Safari, Chrome , Firefox and Opera when combined have a market share of about 75-80%. With these browsers providing support for web push the reach of web push notifications is immense.
- Access to users who are not on your website: Using web push notifications, you can reach out to those users who are not on your website
- Ability to re engage users without knowing their contact details: Web push notifications don’t need a user’s email or other contact details. If a user who once visited your website and has given his permission to send him notifications, he can be sent notifications anytime without needing his email
- Higher opt-ins as compared to emails: Since the users don’t need to give their email id or other contact details and they also have the ability to unsubscribe from receiving notification easily whenever they want, the opt-ins for web push notifications are higher than emails.
- Lower unsubscribe/ opt-out rates: Studies have shown that less than 10% of the subscribers who opted for notifications from a site, unsubscribed in a year. The number is still less.
- Prompt and assured content delivery: The moment you click on “send notification now”, it will be delivered to the users immediately. Unlike emails that sometimes fail to deliver or go to spam folder, these notifications are for sure delivered to the user.
- Higher conversion rates: Studies have shown that web push notifications have 30 times higher conversion when compared with mail.
- Greater mindshare of users: Sending notifications even when the users are not on your website, helps you capture their mindshare and then as the saying goes market share follows!
Why should you use Web Push Notifications – What are the advantages:
Please sign in to leave a comment.